Dear programmers! Listen to my plea... (+)
I've asked everyone not to post AC programs lots of times. But anyway some people do it. So I ask you again and again... Please, do not post your AC programs to the board! Lets respect the others. Publishing your AC you are depreciating not only your work, but also a work of hundreds programmers who have solved that problem themselves. Will you be happy spending hours and even days solving a difficult problem and finally getting AC - and after several days finding another AC code on the board free for every lamer to get AC easily?
And I really can not understand people who ask the others to give them AC programs. Each of us wants to increase his skill, and while increasing our skills we are increasing our rating. But lets do it fairly! You can take my word for it - you will never become extremely high qualified programmer using the power of someone else mind.
Let it be a fair play!
Re: Dear programmers! Listen to my plea... (+)
Posted by
Martin 25 Aug 2004 22:48
Please tell in russian i`m do not uderstand it.
P.S.:can you post 1200 hint - WA2.
Re: Dear programmers! Listen to my plea... (+)
Posted by
Martin 25 Aug 2004 22:59
Wake up it`s not contest. It is for study.
Yes. Dmitry is true!!!(see in...)
I think it's a good idia.
I agree with him.
Dmitry, do you speak russian?
Some fairplay ideas
Hi everyone!
I agree with Dmitry about AC solutions. But if we wonna play fair game then we should not use dirty accounts and we shouldn't use official test cases. I think that posting ideas of correct algorithms on the webboard is much more useful than the actual AC code. I've used some AC, or almost AC sollutions from the board to increase my rating before, but later I realized that I should have written those ( almost easy ) solutions myself because I spend more time analyzing other peoples AC code to extract algorithm from it. And I have another question: is it fair to post WA code? On one side it's WA, but if someone debugs it succefully and explanations remains on webboard than it is AC, and if someone posts WA code, it get corrected and code is deleted that replies are senseless. My idea for those who think they are very smart and want to show that to everyone: post usefull hint for hard problems instead of AC programs for easy problems.
Congratulations for everyone who read this,
All the best,
Danica
Yes, I speak Russian 'cause Russian is my native language (-)
As for WA programs I really don't know what should we do (+)
Yeah, many WA can be changed into AC easily, however I don't have the moral right to force people not to ask for help. But the admins do have it - there is such rule of the board. Maybe we should follow this rule, I don't know...
As for me I really believe I can solve every problem - and I solve. If I got WA I wouldn't post my code to the board, 'cause I do not think they will help me within short time with such difficult problem even I'm not able to solve yet.
Edited by author 26.08.2004 21:47
But as for dirty accounts I know exactly what the admins should do (+)
It was initially bad idea to count the attempts. I think it will be much better not to count the attempts, but to allow several programmers with the same amount of solved problems to share the same place. I suppose it will be fair for me to share the 1-st position in the rating with several programmers when I solve all the problems. You know, it is very pity to solve all the problems and do not be the first - once I was the third during several monthes with all the problems solved (but I was the first during 2 weeks, however :] ).
Anyway I use my dirty account - 19055 "buffer" - only for tests' researching, not for minimizing the count of my attempts - I have 856 now, and will have more than 900 after solving all the problems. I have almost all my AC codes on my hard drive and I can create new account and submit all of them without any wrong attempt - but I will never do such thing 'cause I respect myself and the others.
Edited by author 26.08.2004 22:10
you're wrong
Posted by
md 27 Aug 2004 03:45
The rules are clear - "don't use dirty accounts". If someone uses a dirty account then it's simply not fair. "Tests researching" is just a poor excuse for this.
Counting the attempts is perfectly fair. It should be valued when someone solves a problem in just one AC and not in 10 WA's and AC eventually.
Posting AC sources is bad and in this point I can agree with you.
You are just like our politicians (+)
The situation is that almost everyone in Top-100 uses dirty accounts. Moreover, some accounts in Top-100 are dirty themselves. Do you think will it help if you just ask them not to use dirty accounts, 'cause it is unfair? Do you have the power or the method to forbid using of dirty accounts to everyone? Neither me nor you. Noone has.
And I suggest to stop count the attempts. Imagine the situation: Admins delete all the information about the count of attempts -> It doesn't matter how many attempts you have -> Noone uses dirty accounts, 'cause it is useless -> There is no problem with it anymore. It is just the way out. I don't claim it to be perfect, but it really vanquishes the trouble, doesn't it?
Can you offer better solution?
politicians? brrrr :-P
Posted by
md 28 Aug 2004 23:16
Ok, I believe it could help. But you still have to devise some way of determining the ranklist order. Unfortunately there is no such thing like two first places... All contest-servers I know of, have some way of determining it. For example at acm.sgu.ru the date of last submission decides who is the first one.
Btw. there is a new (polish) problem set archive spoj.sphere.pl. As I can see it's down right now, but one can send solutions in many languages, not only C/C++/Pas.
No subject
I have a question about the past system upgrade. We all know that the system in now on .NET I dont know about you people, but my old account is not working. I registered another one (this one). I can't help thinking about those people who got 200-300 ACs, did they rewrite the problems they've previousely solved or just used the files from their hard drives. If my second guess is correct a big part of all this is not worth talking about. Besides, everything that is not prohibited is allowed... Being better than the others shouldn't be a goal here, that's what the contests are for. BTW, when is the next contest on Timus? 8-)
I don't think it is very difficult to make several first places (-)